Here at Jonathan Paul Eyewear™ we believe that living an outdoor and active lifestyle is the important for a long, healthy life but the sun can be very intense year-round and therefore can seriously damage your eyes without proper precautions. Hereare 5 ways to protect your eyes
According to Columbia University Medical Center, 5 ways to protect your eyes include:
- Check the UV protection level. And remember: sunglasses should be worn even when the weather is cloudy or hazy.
- Check the lens tint. The lens tint should block 80 percent of transmissible light, but no more than about 90 percent of light, or it will be hard for you to see.
- Make sure your eyes are protected from all angles. Choose sunglasses that wrap all the way around the temples and wear a hat with a brim.
Jonathan Paul® Fitovers Eyewear™ has you covered from all angles. Since their frames are full coverage, wrap around design, with or without side lenses, you don’t have to worry about sunshine blinding you from above or the sides. These fitovers can be worn with or without prescription glasses and are unisex.
- Wear sunglasses over your contact lenses (and glasses!). People who wear contact lenses that offer UV protection should still wear sunglasses. Sunglasses help to prevent the drying effect most contact lens-wearers experience, which is caused by warm wind.
Many people don’t know that there is a way to spend less and wear sunglasses with your prescription glasses. Prescription sunglasses, transition lenses, and clip-ons can be a hassle and/or too expensive. Jonathan Paul Eyewear™ provides and affordable and comfortable solution to these problems; With a sizing guide, as well as monthly specials, there is a perfect fit for everyone without breaking the bank!
- Buy sunglasses for your children. You should buy sunglasses with UV protection for your children, as well as teach them the importance of using them since children’s skin and eyes are more sensitive than adults. And remember: eyes of small infants should always be shaded from direct exposure to the sun.
(for more information on why children should wear shades check out this article by Optical Vision Resources) Jonathan Paul® the original Fitovers Eyewear™ provides two styles for children that are wayfarer style so your children can stay healthy while looking cool! Both Jonathan Paul Eyewear™ sites provide the Choopa™ and Coolaroo™ Kids Collections in multiple colors, with grey and amber lens options.
Jonathan Paul® Fitovers Eyewear is ORIGINAL. It’s NEW. It’s unique, it’s YOU.
Please place your order online or come to visit us at our store in Bangor, Pa. VS Eyewear ships all over the world and prides itself on its great service, competitive pricing and outstanding customer support!