FRAME QUALITIES AND OPTIONS
Costa offers frames to meet everyone’s needs. Customers can choose a frame based on color, hypoallergenic materials, durability, lightness, cost and uniqueness. Each frame offers its own performance advantages and style features for eyewear that fits every occasion.
Co-Injected Nylon Frames
Our nylon frames are tough and durable, with more color options manufactured using the environmentally friendly bio-resin process. TR-90 nylon is a premier material for sports and performance frames as it is resistant to heat and cold. Though it is flexible, it is still durable. Nylon is easily molded into wraparound and other shapes.
Best for when you’re not active, acetate has a warm, luxurious feel and allows for very rich color layering which creates vibrant, unique patterns. Made from tree pulp, acetate is a renewable source that is naturally hypoallergenic and can be adjusted for your best fit. Acetate is special because it molds to your face over time, giving it that fitted suit, worn-in jeans, leather sandal feel.
Metal Frames provide a different look and feel. We use only the best in metals – marine-grade corrosion-resistant Monel® and lightweight, hypoallergenic titanium.
If mixing it up is your thing, we combine the best in acetate with our corrosion-resistant metals. The combination also allows for more style variations.
Rimless eyeglasses are feather-light because there is simply less nylon frame material sitting on your face. They’re generally more comfortable, more streamlined and perfect for a variety of sports.
A] CO-INJECTED BIO-BASED NYLON
Our bio-based nylon frame material is tough and durable. As a result, Cost’a co-injected frames offer the best-fit and greatest comfort on the market today.
- BEST FIT
- GREATEST COMFORT
B] CORROSION-RESISTANT MONEL METAL
Monel’s super tough, corrosion-resistant alloy is often used in marine applications. If you are on the water a lot, Monel stands up to the challenge.
- GREAT ON THE WATER
C] HYDROLITE RUBBER
Hydrolite is our proprietary, hypoallergenic rubber which prevents slippage. We use Hydrolite rubber on comfort spots such as nose pads and temples.
- PREVENTS SLIPPAGE
Titanium is as strong as steel but lighter weight, making these frames perfect for sports. Though titanium is one of the strongest metals, it reverts back to its original shape even after exerting pressure. Titanium is often used in prosthetics because it is hypoallergenic and corrosion-resistant.
- PERFECT FOR SPORTS
E] BETA TITANIUM
Beta titanium is a hypoallergenic titanium alloy made by blending titanium with other metals. It is extremely durable and strong, but bends, reducing damage and broken frames.
- STRONG BUT FLEXIBLE
INNOVATIVE SWEAT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM:
- Channels run the length of the temple that enable airflow from the vents to cool, wick away sweat and moisture, and drain through the openings on the temple tips.
- Thinned-out inner bottom eyewire tucks closely into the back surface of the lens, which allows sweat and moisture to drain down the back surface of the lens and off the bottom of the frame.
- Textured Hydrolite® nose and temple pads help manage sweat and heat – and provide a secure fit and all-day comfort.
- New ventilation ducting allows airflow through the end piece of the frame, which helps to keep you cool, reduces lens fogging, and works in conjunction with the sweat management template channels
- We are the industry leader in this manufacturing process.
- Original bilateral and trilateral styles are created by bonding together two or three distinct colors into one frame.
- Each layer is comprised of solid color bio-resin. The result is a highly durable frame with chip-proof color.
- We offer multiple unique color combinations in both bilateral and trilateral styles.
Our corrosion-resistant, stainless steel flexible hinges keep their shape and fit perfectly.
They come in three types:
- Optical spring
- Five-barrel optical
View our Full collection of Costa polarized sunglasses, Designer eyeglasses and C-Mates and Reading glasses or get details on our 580 Polarized lens technology and the Costa Size & Fit Guide.